Saturday, December 29, 2012

Rapha Festive 500 Rides 8/9 - Loops + Fatbike

Tonight I had some fun on the fatbike. I took the girls ice skating (I watched) in the afternoon, and encountered a winter milestone: ice fishermen. Such a spectacle means that I am now able to ride my bike on the lake! If crazy humans can venture onto the ice, drill a hole, light a fire, and consume copious amounts of alcohol, I feel pretty safe riding my bike on the same surface.

Fresh snow on Round Lake


Yesterday's full moon in the sky

Just as I was leaving the driveway
I just might be able to finish this crazy 500km (310 mile) adventure.... (daytime ride below)





Today's daytime ride was the same as a few days ago--3 10-mile loops. The sun was really refreshing today, in spite of the 20F (-7C) temps. I'm developing quite the tolerance for foot numbness. As a side note, my daily commute to work (which will resume next Thursday), is 11 miles each way, or anywhere from 40-60 minutes. 40-60 minutes seems to be the time threshold for my feet to go numb, so shorter laps has been my approach to the Festive 500 this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment