Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring is Springing -- Off With the Studs!

I just got back from a little trip to the Twin Cities, where newscasters were calling the weather phenomenon of Spring "The Thaw." This made sense once we were driving around the city. Ski resort-caliber machinery were on the streets chewing up snowbanks (icebanks, really) and filling up dump trucks with the stuff. I figure, if the thaw is happening in MSP, I can be somewhat confident in removing the studded tires from the Casseroll.

If Madison is anything like the Wasatch Front, snow storms will probably come and go throughout April and May. I just hope the remnants of said storms evaporate as I'm used to. All that being said, the studs must go. Here are the promised full-body shots of the VO fenders with the 35c Schwalbe Marathon Winter tires.




I'll post some pics soon of the 28c Paselas. With the tire change, the bike loses nearly 3 lbs. Needless to say, it feels much faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment