Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ambassador for Detours - Alternate Routes for Your Ride

Every now and again, a bicycle industry company seeks direct input from users through "ambassador" programs. Typical ambassador arrangements are structured so the cyclist receives some sample product(s) to use, and, in exchange, offers some sort of review or formal feedback on the product(s). A bicycle bag company, Detours out of Seattle, recently announced the launch of such a campaign. I applied. Not too long after, I received this in the mail:




Yes, this is a catalog. Along with the catalog, I received instructions for participating in their ambassador program. I was chosen! I am one of 13 ambassadors chosen to use the product and to document the goings on of my day-to-day cycling lifestyle on their website. I'm very excited, to say the least! Their bags display a unique understanding of the function required by lifestyle cyclists, while adding aesthetically-pleasing design into the mix. Not to mention that the guys at Detours are as good as it gets. I look forward to keeping you all updated!

Locally (to Madison, WI), it looks like Erik's and Williamson Bicycles are dealers for Detours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment