Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Where My Brompton Fits

For a week or two, I have been switching off between the Brompton and the Casseroll as I ride to and from school. The Casseroll, of course, is parked outside--which is quite nice since it's covered. When I ride the Brompton, I have been lugging it around orientations and from classroom to classroom. This works fine, since it is quite small, but does get heavy throughout the course of the day. I even had a chance to demo the fold in front of my cohort during an orientation by Chris Hinrichs, an Executive MBA professor and fellow folding bike aficionado (he rides a Birdy). Shortly after orientation started, I was finally granted access to our private MBA locker room. Hmmmm, I thought, locker??? Would it fit?

After trying different configurations inside the locker, here are the results:

All cute and folded. So proper.

This is the best configuration: saddle straight, back left corner to front right corner. If I have the ITChair, it comes off and sets to the side inside the locker.

And it closes w/o effort!
Imagine if your employer provided a simple locker system such as this. Our locker room has shower facilities for both genders, and some private bathrooms. Brompton to the bus (or straight to work), bus to work, Brompton from bus stop to work, Brompton inside locker, BAM! I suppose when I have an actual desk/office, I would rather just park the Brommy right next to me, but that's a few months off yet. No locks, no thieves, no weather on bike, just excellence. Just ask the Queen.

3 comments:

  1. cute! that little tramp goes everywhere-why can't I go to school with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what the...they didn't give us lockers. I have to park my scooter like 10 miles away because this silly campus doesn't like bikes, scooters, or anything other than Red and Black Ford f-350s that have ugly bulldogs all over them. (no, I'm not jealous that your wheels can fit in your locker....)

    ReplyDelete