Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Rapha Festive 500 - Day 4 #Rapha500 89km

Day 4 - 89km - 55mi


No pictures today. Today was a grunt. I can usually manage fairly well with moderate climbing, OR wind, but not both. Today I faced both. Steady winds from 15-20mph from the W/NW buffeted my attempts to ride respectably for the first half of today's ride. I had to work to grind out each mile. I earned each mile. An average speed of 15 isn't all that great, but I know how hard I worked to maintain that pace.

Also, my clothes weren't quite done drying this morning by the time I started riding. I started off chilled and never quite warmed up. Between the strong winds and lack of sunshine, today was a gray day. The good news? I have 92 miles to go (148km) in four days. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment