Thursday, December 29, 2011

Rapha Festive 500 - Day 6 #Rapha500 42km - COMPLETE!

Day 6 - 42km (26mi) #Rapha500 COMPLETE

147/2864 riders at completion. Many will surpass my 501km in the days to come, but not too bad. 
Today's ride was pretty smooth - just one loop around Lake Mendota. The forecast called for freezing rain overnight and into the morning, so I was nervous to have a miserable last ride. However, the rain phenomenon wrapped up its trouble-making activity sometime before 7AM when I started riding. 

Here are a few shots from the ride:


The sun peeking over the horizon as the Casseroll awaits. 



Beautiful morning

At the University of Wisconsin Memorial Union Terrace.

I don't know what else they're waiting for. The ice would for sure send me South. 
And the ride track:



This Rapha Festive 500 challenge has been quite the adventure. I would not have been able to complete the task without the loving support of my wife, who allows me to take family time to do these silly adventures. Thank you to all of you out there who offered encouragement and advice. Happy trails, everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment