Monday, December 26, 2011

Rapha Festive 500 - Day 3 #Rapha500 129km

Day 3 - 80mi (129km)


Today's adventure was a 2-loop route far west of Madison through Middleton. The wind was forecast to be S-SW up to 15mph, so I figured a route with East/West bias would be best. For the most part this was the case. On the 2nd loop, along the climbs on Airport Road, I was hit in the face with the bulk of the headwind. Ugh. This grunt work paid dividends as I turned East through Ashton approaching the North side of Lake Mendota.

Today's weather was much more agreeable. The starting air temperature at 6:30 was in the low 20's, reaching the mid 30's by midday. I even saw a couple other cyclists out today. 263/500 kilometers down, 237 to go (147mi).




A couple shots from the ride:


Today's sunrise. 


I've ridden to this intersection on a different route. Like an old friend. 

Barn-based nativity.

The freezing/thawing shore of Lake Mendota.
I should be able to finish up the 500km on Thursday--Six days of riding total.

No comments:

Post a Comment